DUBAI: The number of COVID-19 related fatalities in Oman rose in February compared with the earlier month, health officials in the country said.
A total 41 were reported to have died from coronavirus complications last month compared with 30 in January, according to the latest Ministry of Health figures.
The Sultanate has reported 1,5480 COVID-19 deaths so far this month.
The Gulf country has expanded its immunization campaign against coronavirus, and now covers individuals aged 60 and above, whether or not the individuals are healthy, as well as patients suffering chronic diseases and health workers in a bid to curb the spread of the virus.
“Some of this spread is due to the presence of rapidly spreading mutated strains of the virus,” according an earlier statement from the country’s Supreme Committee, which tasked with addressing the COVID-19 pandemic.
A total 142,169 coronavirus cases have been reported overnight, with 132,945 of the patients making full recovery.
Health officials meanwhile said 19 people have been admitted to hospital with COVID symptoms over the last 24 hours, a report from Times of Oman said.
Oman orders partial commercial shutdown from March 4-20, state TVOman extends COVID-19 safety measures, closes parks, beaches, leisure areas indefinitely